Star anise or star anise (in English: Anise Star ) is a herb that contains many health benefits. It is used as a spice added to cooked foods. Star anise leaves are also used as tea. Learn in this article about the many benefits of star anise.
There are two types of this herb, one of which is healthy for the body, which is Chinese star anise, and the other is poisonous, which is Japanese star anise, and is used in making incense and pesticides.
Star anise contains many health benefits that can improve the body's efficiency, including:
- Treats constipation and heartburn: Star anise helps remove excess gases from the body formed in the intestines in infants and adults. You can use it with ginger and cumin to treat constipation. Star anise oil also relieves heartburn.
- Benefits the heart: Star anise oil helps control blood pressure and keeps your heart strong and working well.
- Removes toxins: You can use star anise leaves in cooking, as they add a delicious flavor to food. They also remove toxins and can be used to prepare anise tea.
- Promotes oral health and relieves toothache: Star anise helps relieve toothache and fights bacterial infections.
- Alleviates epileptic seizures: Using star anise oil soothes pain and relieves epileptic seizures.
- Accelerates wound healing and relieves colds and influenza: The antiseptic properties of this herb help heal wounds, facilitate digestion, and relieve colds and influenza.
- It treats arthritis and is anti-rheumatic: The herb contains powerful anti-rheumatic properties, and helps stimulate blood circulation and relieve pain in the affected areas.
- Antispasmodic: It can be an antispasmodic, as star anise oil helps treat problems caused by spasms, pain, diarrhea, and nerve pain.
- Insecticide: Japanese star anise oil helps keep mosquitoes and flies away from the house. This oil is toxic to most insects, so the oil is used in the production of fumigants and insecticides.
- Against cough: Star anise is effective in loosening phlegm and mucus, and relieves cough.
- Treats bronchitis: You can use star anise oil to treat shortness of breath, asthma, and bronchitis.
- Anti-intestinal worms: Star anise oil contains properties that help get rid of worms, as it removes intestinal worms and is regularly used in alternative medicine to treat stomach infections caused by worms.
- Activates brain cells: Star anise is rich in B vitamins such as pyridoxine, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. These substances are important for brain cells to remain active and play a major role in facilitating the functioning of the nervous system. Vitamin B also combats Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Treats sore throat: Star anise oil is a natural remedy that helps relieve sore throat.
- Improves sleep: Because it contains nerve-soothing properties, it helps relieve anxiety and gives you a good night’s sleep.
- Strengthens bones and combats osteoporosis: The herb is rich in calcium, so it protects against osteoporosis, especially in women. It protects their bones from breaking after menopause.
- Relieves the symptoms of menopause: Estrogen levels decrease in women after menopause, causing them to suffer from hot flashes and frequent mood swings. Taking this herb reduces the symptoms of menopause.
- It is useful in treating anemia and anemia: Stars are rich in iron, contribute to the production of more red blood cells, and also help in improving blood circulation in the body.
- Improves lactation: Star anise helps improve lactation because it contains anethole, which increases the production of milk necessary for the baby.
- Treats skin infections: The herb contains anethole, which is an antifungal and treats skin infections.
If you are looking to boost your immunity, star anise boosts immunity. It is an important ingredient in medications made to treat coughs, colds, and flu. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and B, all of which strengthen immunity. Moreover, it contains antioxidants that protect your body from Diseases.
This herb helps maintain healthy skin and reduce wrinkles. It is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A:
- Vitamin C helps produce collagen; Which helps prevent premature aging and reduces scars resulting from facial acne.
- Vitamin A reduces damage to the skin caused by exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays.
Star anise oil can be mixed with shea butter or any other oil and applied to the skin for smooth and radiant skin.
It is useful in softening hair for those who suffer from dryness. It also helps repair damaged hair and stimulate new hair growth. The scalp can be massaged with star anise oil for good results.
- Star anise helps increase sex drive and encourage libido in men.
- It helps women promote menstruation and treat menopausal symptoms.
- Star anise oil contains properties similar to estrogen, which treats many hormonal problems and reduces menstrual cramps and pain.
Star anise is a great choice for you if you suffer from health problems, in addition to star anise oil, which keeps your skin bright and wrinkle-free, but it should be used with caution because it has two types of Chinese star anise, which is good for health: Japanese star anise is poisonous and should be purchased with caution