The Ginkgo biloba tree is considered one of the oldest types of medicinal trees. Most ginkgo products are made with an extract prepared from its leaves. It is believed that the most beneficial components in ginkgo are flavonoids, which have powerful antioxidant properties, and terpenoids, which help improve blood circulation by dilating blood vessels and reducing the stickiness of platelets. Most research on ginkgo tree extract focuses on its effect on dementia, memory, and pain due to decreased blood flow.
Benefits and uses of ginkgo herb
The ginkgo herb has therapeutic benefits for various diseases, including the following:
- This herb works to relieve depression, eliminate stress and anxiety, and improve mood, especially for the elderly.
- This herb works to improve blood flow throughout the body, especially to the brain. It also works to strengthen memory, improve brain functions, prevent Alzheimer’s cases, and get rid of the problem of forgetfulness.
- The Ginkgo Biloba herb helps prevent various diseases, as it contains antioxidants that neutralize free radicals that harm cells and tissues. Therefore, it works to prevent cancer and helps repair cell damage.
- The ginkgo biloba herb is useful in preventing Alzheimer's disease, and works to preserve nerve cells in the brain. The herb also stimulates blood circulation, thus expanding blood vessels and stimulating memory.
- One of the most important benefits of this herb is that it works to eliminate the problem of sexual impotence and its main cause, which is insufficient blood supply to the reproductive organs, as the herb increases the rate of blood flow to different parts of the body.